The L.T.K. College was established in the year 1977 and in the same year, the department of Political Science was also introduced in the college. Initially, as the founder teacher of the department, there were 03 nos. of Faculty members Department. The first founder teacher of the department was Late Prabhat Ch. Borgohain, M.A. I/C Principal (1977-1986). Secondly, Shri Narayan Ch. Borgohain, M.A. i/c Principal, (1978-2001). Then, Mrs. Padmawati Gohain, M.A., M. PHIL joined the department as a third faculty member (1980-2015) as she retired in 2015 as Vice Principal, Mrs. Soneswary Saikia joined in 1988 and completed her tenure of service in 2018. Mr. Porash Goswami came to the college in 1991 and contributed a great deal to the department. Mr. Goswami left the college forever in 2000.
Mr. Prafulla Nath, an ex-student of the department joined the department in 2002 and contributed his valuable service to the department. Lastly, Dr. Himajyoti Doley joined in our department February 2021. Due to a lack of sufficient faculties, a large number of Contractual Teachers have been rendering their valuable service in the department for the last 20 years. Now, we have four faculty members along with 02 Nos. of Contractual teachers namely Mr. Manobjyoti Phukan and Miss Debajani Gogoi
The major course (Honors) was introduced in the department in the year 1992. Since 1992 the department has been contributing a great deal for the greater benefit of the rural, poor students of the area throughout the 45 years of the establishment of the college.
The Department of Political Science of LTK College has the vision to dedicate the best education to the students of the Department of Political Science.
· To impart qualitative education to the students.
· To enlighten the educationally backward rural and poor students.
· Political Science Department is committed to the pursuit of Academic Excellence.
· The Department gives importance to all-around development like Personality development, Character Development etc. and faithfully abides by the Rights and Duties enshrined in the Constitution of India.
· Our vision is to offer more and more knowledge base and job-oriented education to the students
· Our vision is to educate students properly on the subjects so that they may explore themselves in near future and can compete in the present-day complex world.
· To maintain a high standard of integrity and performance leading to the achievement of academic and career goals.
The Mission of the Department of Political Science of L.T.K. College is to build a culture of excellence in the Teaching and Learning Process.
To dedicate 100% to Teaching-Learning Process in the department by faculty members.
To promote Extra Curricular Activities for the overall development of the students through Yoga, Aerobic, Football, Physical Exercise etc
Empowering our students to fulfill their academic and professional aspirations.
Creating innovative connections among education, humanities, music, the social sciences, and social reformations.
Promoting good leadership qualities and learning moral values to be a perfect individual.
Name of programme/Course:
i. Under Graduate Level both Major (Honors) and General (generic elective) in Political Science B.A(Bachelor of arts).
ii. H.S course (10+2).
iii. U.G and P.G. In Political Science under Dibrugarh University in Distance Mode
On University website link—www.dibru.ac.in.syllabus
Photo Gallery : View/download
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Date of Joining||View Profile|
|PRAFULLA NATH||Associate Professor (HOD)||M.A., M.Phil||12-Jan-2002||View Profile|
|DR. HIMAJYOTI DOLEY||Assistant Professor||M.A., Ph.D||23-Feb-2021||View Profile|
|MANAB JYOTI PHUKAN||0000-00-00||View Profile|
|DULEN HAZARIKA||0000-00-00||View Profile|
|DEBAJANI GOGOI||0000-00-00||View Profile|