L.T.K.College was established on the 22nd day of Aug.1977 at the initiative of the local people at the conjoining point of Lakhimpur, Telahi and Kamalabaria Mouzas and named accordingly as L.T.K. College. The missionary zeal, unflinching endeavor and sacrifice of some prominent local people, and whole-hearted devotion of some teachers and the management have brought the college to its present state of dignity. The Arts stream was brought under the deficit grant-in-aid system in 1987. The college is permanently affiliated with Dibrugarh University and registered under 2(f) and 12 (b) U.G.C. Act.1956. With a view to imparting Science education among rural youths, the science stream was started in 1994 and in keeping with the agrarian economy of the locality a vocational subject " Industrial Fish and Fishery '' was introduced in 1998 under the U.G.C. scheme.
Though the college is situated in a rural and flood-prone area, it is well connected by road from North Lakhimpur town and also from Panigaon. As the college is situated amidst green fields so the atmosphere of the college is calm and screen. Besides, it is saturated with nature's bounty that provides peace and tranquility essential for an educational institution.