N.S.S. IN. BRIEF
- The National Service Scheme was started on 24th Sep 1969.
- It was the dream project of M.K. Gandhi, the father of the Nation.
- Established a meaningful linkage between the campus and community.
- Aim was to sensitize all round development of the students.
- Functioning with the motto “Not Me But You”
- The country could not progress in a desired direction until the students, youths were motivated to work for the upliftment of the village/community.
- N.S.S. aims at a dialectical relationship believing education and community service.
- Build the youth with the mind and spirit to serve the society.
- Work for the social upliftment of the downtrodden masses of our nation as a movement.
- Service to the nearly neighbour community and adopted village as a responsibility for the country.
- For us to understand the community and its working.
- The relationship we share to the community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and become an active part in the problem solving process.
- Develop among ourselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Develop compliance required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
Chief Adviser- Dr. Bubul Kr. Saikia, Principal Adviser- Mr. Bidyut Chutia
Programme officer - Mr. Deva Jyoti Chetia
Teacher in-charge -Mr. Prafulla Nath No of Unit - 01
No of Volunteers -100